Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm sure you are all wondering.....

what the "buzz" is at the Bast house. As I was sitting on the couch near the front window yesterday, I was admiring my blooming plants in the front yard. I looked at our tree that needs some trimming and noticed a very large black......something. I couldn't tell what it was. I thought maybe someone lost a dark colored hat or shirt that was blown in the wind and ended up hanging over one of the branches. I walked outside to observe the lost something....and the lost something was a HUGE clump of bees! Okay....maybe not HUGE. But, I thought it was. It is probably the size of half a basketball. After much concern and looking for a bee exterminator, my second counselor (who does pest control) in the bishopric explained everything.

Apparently this is the time of year that the bees travel to or from the mountains...don't remember which. The queen bee is enveloped in the middle of this clump as they travel and they have to stop and rest every once in a while. I guess they reserved a room at the Bast Inn without my knowledge. But, they should be gone in a couple of days without any harm done. This is the best picture I could get without thinking I would be stung to death!

5 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

A) that is a pretty tree, i am jealous

B) that is a HUGE clump of bees

C) i would have gotten closer to take a better pic

D) no, i wouldn't have

Heidi said...

Yikes! I don't blame you for keeping your distance!

Unknown said...

Wow! It just goes to show you can't pick your neighbors! hehe! It really does look like a HUGE clump of bees to me too.

Jann said...

That would have been horrible to see in your tree. Scary. I am glad they will be gone in a couple of days.

JaKe and NaT* said...

hey girl.. just wanted to say hi and i hope that everything is goin good! your kids are gettin so big.. your blog is so cute!!