Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

So after all of my sewing for hours and hours in my closet, I figured I would be taking enough pictures of my kids to fill an album. I did almost that, but not quite. I will share some of my favorites, but I have some other things to share first.

Who knew it could be sooo HOT on the 31st of October? After all, it was 93 degrees this afternoon which I can attest to. I was out at the park with my kids per Weston's request.

After playing on the slides, Weston asked to go on the swings. He loves to swing high! I put Hannah in one swing and gave her a little push. Then it was Weston's turn. I picked up that tank and put him in his swing. Before I could even push him he looked at me and said, "I be close to my Jesus." It took me a bit to process, but then I got it. He wanted me to push him high so he could be close to Jesus. Tug my heart strings!

Now on to the part everyone is waiting for. Last year, before Hannah was even born, Ellen purchased a little Tinkerbell pattern at the fabric store to be used this year. We have obviously had some time to think about this years costumes. We figured if Hannah was Tinkerbell, we should make Weston Peter Pan and Caden Captain Hook. I have been doing A LOT of sewing and now my house looks like Hurricane Ike came through it. I have much cleaning to do.......but I figure it was worth it. I think they look darn cute!




8 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

oooooooooooooookay.
You put me to shame.

I am in awe to you and bow down to your mad sewing skills.

Everyone looks AWESOME.

I think Tinkerbell might be my favorite, only because I am partial to girls.

LOVE. IT!

PBM&C said...

Sarah!! They look so cute!!! You did such an AWESOME job on their costumes! I really am embarassed to show you my sewing now....WOW...you are such a PRO! I guess we know which of us got mom's sewing genes!

Unknown said...

Oh! What a sweetheart! Close to Jesus. What a sweet little spirit. Speaking of sweet, those costumes are awesome! You are very talented!!

Unknown said...

So cute Sarah! I love it! Hey guess what! Ellen is teaching me how to sew! yeah! we can have sewing parties. haha

Melinders said...

Holy Cow Sarah!! You are amazing!!! The costumes turned out so cute!! That is great that you have such a talent. Sewing is one thing I've never been good at. The pictures of the kids are too cute!!

Heidi said...

Wow! Sarah, you are C*R*A*Z*Y good at the costume thing! I'll just have to call you up the next time I'm ever trying to decide what to be! Your family looks so good! From Batman to Peter Pan, you definitely dominate Halloween!

Denys said...

You ROCK!! The kids look soooo cute!!! They all look so good. Caden looked awesome, Weston was the cutest little Pan on the block and Hannah's costume - no words! How in the heck do you sew something like that? You are amazing!!

Melissa P said...

I am impressed with your sewing skills. Your kids are absolutely darling. I about fell off of my chair when I saw your captain hook. It was like looking at you about 20 years ago.
Melissa (Foote) Page