Monday, December 15, 2008

What I learned today

My children teach me so many things each day. Today, as I was cooking lunch, I could smell something burning. I knew it was not the rice in the pot, or the chicken in the microwave. I thought maybe it was some residue from ribbon on the burner. (When I sew with ribbon, I burn the edges so they don't unravel.) It was not that. The smell kept getting stronger and stronger. I knew I needed to figure out what it was before the house burned down. I went up the stairs...and the burning smell became stronger. I followed my nose in to Caden's room. The lamp was on and something was in it....with a little smoke coming out. This is what I saw.
So, today, I learned that legos and lightbulbs don't compliment each other very well. He had put one of his bionicle legos in the lamp so that Weston would not touch it. So much for that. It does not look like that guy will be played with much more.
Maybe Santa will bring some more legos this Christmas?

8 comments:

The Chambers said...

bahaha! leave it to the kids to bring the most adventure in our lives! that's so funny. Give Caden a high five for me.

Ellen Rae said...

Those lamps get so hot. I'm glad you were home when it happened. I'm sorry about Caden's legos. I know he loves them. I hope Santa brings him some more.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you figured it out! I guess maybe I better stop telling Xan to put his toys out of Ethan's reach if he doesn't want him to play with them... He might burn my house down! Kids sure are an adventure!

Jann said...

Oh man. He was trying to protect it from little brother, and look what it got him. Bummer.

PBM&C said...

Help me....help me....I'm melting....melting.....ohhh...what a world....what a world?

Bye-bye bionic lego man.

Melinders said...

I'm so glad you found out what it was before it started a fire. You've got to love how creative kids can be.

Unknown said...

That sucks! At least you caught it!

Jandi said...

Poor bionic lego man! Sounds like something Carson would do :) Happy belated birthday! I was reading on Melinda's blog and saw her happy birthday to you. I forgot our birthdays were close! Don't you love getting old?