Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Giving and Giving!


Michael noticed a few days ago that I have not posted in a bit. He then asked me if I was going to post on my Birthday. Of course I said, "NO! How lame is that? I just want to wish myself a Happy Birthday today!" However, it is my Birthday today and I am posting. Not to wish myself a good one....now that I am 30 (very old!), but because I have been so overwhelmed with goodness in my life!
I am so blessed to be born to goodly parents who truly love the Lord and love me unconditionally. They so selflessly give of themselves to any of their children when in need. They are enormous examples of faith and how living the gospel brings us happiness! I am so blessed to be given the chance to be born at this time when the gospel has been restored and in this country where I can worship how, where and what I may. I am surrounded by good people who love me. My wonderful husband and children who are so patient of my LACK of patience. I have been given kind and loving siblings and friends. I think I forget how much goodness there really is in this deteriorating world. I have been humbled with the giving and giving of so many as of late. Thank you Mom and Dad, Rich and Ellen, Michael, Becky, Andrea and to all my wonderful friends. You all give me something, whether you know it or not. It is the season of giving and I can only hope that I can give back a smidgen of what I have received from all of you. Thank you all and I love you with all my heart!

P.S. I have decided that I have a complex about posting pictures. I have a hard time posting without a picture or video. So, you get a random picture that we discovered over Thanksgiving of Michael and I going disco bowling....back in the day. This picture was taken about 11 years ago and obviously has nothing to do with the post. But, what can I say? I NEED to post a picture.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a great one!

PS Disco bowling looks like a lot of fun!

Christy said...

Well happy birthday! The big 3-0! I'm glad you posted it instead of sitting in birthday anonymity.

The Chambers said...

I love it I love it! Happy birthday! And you do bless other lives as well...I am always watching you and taking notes on what a fantastic mother you are! love you girl!

Denys said...

Hey! Happy 30th! It's all downhill from here! No, it's not THAT bad..hahah. Anyway, I remember our chocolate exchanges back in Mesa and Gilbert. :) I'm glad you post pictures! I want to, but sometimes I just am too lazy! PS You haven't changed a bit in 11 years! Good job! :0P

Heidi said...

Happy, happy birthday Sarah, dear!

Julie said...

Sorry I didn't get to you yesterday, but a Very Happy Belated Birthday to you!!! Whether you know it or not, you are amazing!! Don't ever let the adversary tell you otherwise!!!

PBM&C said...

Oh Sis! You give and give and give already.....whether you know it or now! You have given more to me than you will ever know! Love you and Happy Birthday again....even though it was yesterday! P.S. I love the picture....I would agree that you haven't really changed (in looks at all) in 11 years.....you are still as gorgeous as ever!

Keira said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! This post is a prime example of what I love most about blogs -- they can be so inspiring. You are inspiring. It is fun to see where we have come and who we are now. I am grateful for friends who are close to the Lord.
I agree with you about posts -- I have to post a picture or video too! (well, almost always).

Jann said...

Happy Birthday Sarah. That picture made me laugh.

Unknown said...

Happy BDay Girl! Ya that picture gave me a good laugh over the holiday!

Unknown said...

sarah girlie thanks for the comment. You are so sweet!

Camille said...

Wow, that picture brings back memories. Chris retired that baby blue suit to our youngest brother a few years ago. It looks just as good on him. :)

Happy belated 30th. (It's not all that bad).