Thursday, August 21, 2008

My strength



So, today was one of those days where I could not find the strength I needed to get through the day. I had so much to do, pick up clothes, do the laundry, do the dishes, make dinner, change diapers, bath the kids, shower myself, find and job.....and the list goes on. I consider myself to be a pretty strong person. If something needs to be done, I do it. I seem to have to learn over and over that I cannot do everything myself. I never rely on the Lord as much as I should. I sometimes forget that I should get on my knees and consult with my Heavenly Father about my life. Today my wonderful sister reminded me that I cannot run faster than I have strength. So true! That is exactly what I needed to hear today. And as I was contemplating the day, I looked at my kids and felt so blessed. I felt like I was gathering more strength as the day continued. So, at the end of the day, much of my strength has come from my Father in Heaven, my wonderful sister and my beautiful children.

3 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

I hear ya. Monday was my day like your Thursday. It took me all week to make a change. But the change came today and I realized I needed to do more consulting as well. I just think I can do it all, or should do it all, or need to do it all. And I don't. Well, I do, but that's another story. I am grateful for your reminder of what we know to do. We just need to do it. This comment doesn't make sense, but if we just would have connected yesterday via the phone, we could have had this conversation live instead of via the internet. I didn't even know about this post when I called you, which goes back to listening to that (insert drum roll) still, small, voice. Anyhizzle, talk later.

PBM&C said...

Dearest.....you are my strength and my song! You are so often one of the strongest voices to get me thru! I can't thank the Lord enough for an amazing and wonderful sister like you!

PBM&C said...

By the way.....what a gorgeous picture of your two youngest! Oh....if only we were nearby....I would kiss, kiss, kiss, and hug, hug, hug my little niece and nephew!