Sunday, August 24, 2008

BOB and GRADUATION


Michael's life is a simile. Here it comes....are you ready? Michael's life is LIKE a Bob Ross painting. Michael is Bob painting his life portrait every day. He has painted a few happy rocks and a little trickling stream with some brush running along the side. Today he finished a most important part of his painting......his trees. He has been painting those trees for some time now, but they are finally done. Or shall I say, they are officially HAPPY TREES. What I am trying to say is that Michael has graduated with his Bachelor's Degree in Business. I am SO proud of him and his hard work to get here. We both are still looking at each other in unbelief that he is DONE! No more math classes! YEAH!

So, in celebrating, I made Michael a gift. He truly loves Bob Ross! He had asked me a while ago if I would make him a Bob Ross shirt for his graduation. That is all he wanted. I wanted to go to dinner to celebrate, but no can do right now. So, I put my almost non-creative hands to the task and whipped out a most beautiful liking to his idol. Michael had almost forgotten about the shirt and did not know that I secretly put it together without his knowledge. After a long film shoot yesterday, he arrived home to find the most outstanding shirt in the kitchen. I loved his reaction. To put it in his words, "It is the most absurd thing I have ever seen. I love it!" The best part is that he cannot stop telling people about it. I have to admit, it makes me feel good to know that he really does love it. Now, I know you are dying to see the shirt, so I must share. Here is the new graduate in all of his glory!

4 comments:

PBM&C said...

Congratulations Michael! That is the happiest shirt that I have ever seen....it is sooooo awesome! Good job Sarah! You are extremely creative!

Jake said...

This is the foulest and most beautiful shirt I have ever seen in my whole life!

Have Graduation Mike!

Jann said...

That shirt is awesome. I'll bet he wears it everyday, and never takes it off.

Congratulations Mike, that is just awesome. WOOHOO!!!

mrs. timberlake said...

Sarah, you have outdone yourself on this one... truly amazing. I love it. And Mike looks hot.