Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Best Trip EVER!

Getting ready for the long drive!

We recently traveled to California to take the kids to the happiest place on earth, and boy was it ever! We had so much fun taking all the kids on our first ever family trip. We went during the week, which was perfect! It was a little cold, due to the cold front coming through. Luckily we took our jackets to keep us warm enough to have the best time of our lives!

Weston was our little trooper! He went on everything possible! He rode on Space Mountain and the Tower of Terror several times. He walked all day without asking once to ride in the stroller. He wanted to walk. Hannah did great as well. She loved meeting all the characters we could, but very sad that Snow White was not there. Caden was Michael's right hand man. They rode all the big rides together while I took the kids on the little stuff.

All in all it was perfect! I would not have changed a thing. Michael is finally getting back to normal. He went through a withdrawal phase. He was the best daddy with the kids! What a great husband he is. I couldn't ask for more! So enough talking, here are some pictures in no particular order!



Daddy taking the kids on a ride that makes mommy sick. Aren't they cute?
The little ones with Chip and Dale.
Donald Duck was definitely in character. He grabbed Hannah's head to turn it for the picture!
Weston and Mommy on the Bug bumper cars.
The kids on the Chompie ride. This is one of my favorites!
Daddy and Caden on California Screamin lovin' every minute!
Daddy ready to lose his lucnh in the ferris wheel. His age is catching up with him!
My handsome Caden with a lego Darth Vader. He was in heaven looking in the lego store!
My sweet and sticky Hannah waiting for the shuttle to take her to the hotel and swim.
Mommy and Caden bored waiting for Indiana Jones to get fixed.
Meeting Rosetta. I think she was my favorite.
Hannah and Tinkerbell!
Hannah with Jasmine. We finally got her to kind of smile.
Daddy and Hannah on It's a small world. Grandma loves this ride and we had to take a picture to show her we took the kids.
The last picture I got of Hannah and Weston while we waited for Daddy and Caden to go on California Screamin again.


We had a blast and I can't wait to go again. We made such good memories!

10 comments:

PBM&C said...

I am so glad that you finally posted this! It is so good to see my niece and nephews and my sister and her hubby in pictures cause I never get to see them in person! I am extra glad that you did go to Disneyland! Looks like you really did have a great time. Love you!

The Chambers said...

this makes me so happy and sad at the same time. I'm so glad you had the chance to take a family vacation. How fun. The pictures are priceless. I love that you and Hannah have the cutest matching hats. you amaze me. I look up to you more than you will ever know! and this post makes me super sad because I miss you all SO much. Looks like you guys had the best time. I'm so glad the kids did great. They look like they are in heaven. You are the most beautiful family on the planet. Thanks for sharing!

Melinders said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time!! What a beautiful family you have. Where did you get those super cute hats? You look great Sarah.

Denys said...

thanks for posting all the cute pics. I'm so happy for you guys that you had such a perfect time on a family vaca. I love Hannah's matching hat. Cutest kids ever! (well, besides mine :oP

Jann said...

What a fun trip. I love everything Disney.

Camille said...

This trip looks like so much fun! Someday we'll take our kids. I LOVE your cute hats too.

mrs. timberlake said...

you made me go into withdrawals for our trip.... isn't it the best? the literal best place for kiddos/families. sigh.
i heart disneyland more than i ever thought possible now that i am a mom.

sidenote: Can't Wait To See You!

The Skeehan Family said...

oh my gosh, it looks like you had such a fantastic time!!! we are going in August and I CANNOT WAIT.

Can't wait to see you in a week and a half! :)

And hannah's hat is amazing... makes me think i should add one for claire to the order :)

Denys said...

PS I think Sammy has the same sunglasses as Weston.

Jessica said...

so glad you had such a good time! and your hats... adorable!