Wednesday, November 3, 2010

70,000 Words down about 20K to go













Not that anyone particularly cares, besides you of course Mom, but I just crossed 70,000 words on my book. To give you some context, Sorcerer's Stone was 87,000. Who knew that one could really write that many words about Mystical Pirates that fight an Evil Sasquatch. But here we are 70k words later and still chopping away on the old keyboard.
My secret is to use a lot of  unnecessary adjectives, adverbs and similes.
I'll give you an example;
         Pre- Magical Michael-fied
                              "The pirates sailed on their ship." 6 words
         Post - Magical Michael-fied
                               "The salty one eyed pirates silently sailed aboard the rickety termite infested ship, that happened to be theirs, like a giddy California sea lion plunging below and breaking above the mountainous white peaked waves."  34 words

Wham-o! Thats how you do it!

I should be done in a month or so and then I'll have to edit and tear it to pieces.
I am anticipating that I will self publish about 20 copies to send out to get  honest feedback.
The book is written for a 10 -12 year old audience, which matches my maturity and mental level so be aware.
If you would like to help me by reading it and then giving me about two or so pages worth of honest written feed back then please fill out the form below.
I dont need smoke blown up my tail pipe, that isnt going to help me write a better book.
Thanks!
P.S. The story really isnt about Pirates and a Sasquatch.



Fill Out to Help Mike
First Name *
Last Name *
Email *
Phone 1
Street Address 1 *
Street Address 2
City *
State *
Postal Code *

3 comments:

The Chambers said...

That's amazing! I could never do something like that. Tra and I would love to read it and give you feedback. Hes good at that stuff... I'm better at more grammatical errors. You're a machine!

mrs. timberlake said...

jeesh... you take the fun out of everything.

it wasn't really justin timberlake who signed up to read your book.

it's me signing anthony up.

i am a real person.

jeesh take 2.

Jann said...

We would love to have a chance to read your book. Four of my kids love to read stuff like this. I will share it with them. Extra bonus, two of those reading it are actually in your target age group of 10-12.

We can't wait to read it. No pressure.