Monday, August 2, 2010

Dear Winter,

Please come soon. Visiting St. Johns made me miss you more than ever. The days were beautiful with highs in the 70's and a little rain here and there. Every time I walk out my back door, the heat hits me in the face like an unforgiving wall. My grass is more yellow than ever and the garden is dead. I miss the green and the cool days when I can sit outside and watch the kids kick the ball around. I don't mind the cicada's singing to me most of the day, but to be honest, I don't think I will miss them when they are gone. I miss you. Please return a.s.a.p.

Your friend,

Sarah

P.S. I don't particularly enjoy driving a non-air conditioned vehicle while a bun is in the oven either. Just sayin'.

4 comments:

Ellen Rae said...

I wish you could just come and stay with us. We enjoyed having you come. I miss you tons!

PBM&C said...

I don't know how you can live down there....it is TOO HOT!! I hope that the weather will cool down soon....especially to help your pregnancy more bearable! Love you sis!

Camille said...

Yeah!.. I didn't know you were pregnant. Congrats Sara! (Sorry about the no a/c thing. You really notice stuff like that when you are pregnant.)

Melinders said...

I'm so excited for you!! I didn't know you were pregnant!! I hate the heat too. I really have never been in the kind of heat you're in, but when it gets up into the 100's here, I can't stand it. Hope you're feeling well!! I miss talking to you.