Saturday, March 28, 2009

T.E.N.


What can I say? I am OLD! My first child is now in the double digits. Caden turned ten on the 25th. We didn't do too much on his Birthday, because I was a brave mother and decided that I should throw Caden a party. This was his first official Bday party. We have always lived in apt. complexes and places that he never really had any friends that he played with much. Now that we live in a house and he lives in the same neighborhood as his school and church friends, it all worked out. Today was the magical day. He was terribly excited and I wanted to make it special. I saw a cake (thanks to Jandi) a little while ago that I fell in love with. Caden really liked it, so we planned the party around the cake. The theme of the party was Knights and Dragons. When the kids arrived, I had some shields cut out of cardboard that they got to decorate themselves. We had just three little tasks (games) that they had to play in order to become "knighted". I made
some really cool helmets to go along with their swords, shields and gold. Caden had a blast! Happy Birthday Caden! We love you!




Sir Caden slaying the dragon.

11 comments:

Melissa P said...

Oh my heck, that is the cutest party. Last year we talked our son out of a party. We told him he could have money. The money talked. I just realized I am going to have a 10 year old this year too. Crazy!

mrs. timberlake said...

Can NOT believe Caden is ten.

that's crazy.

Loved your party ideas. You are a creative little being, missy.

Too bad we aren't in said neighborhood - we would have come with our own swords!

Ellen Rae said...

That cake is too cute! I wish we could have been there to see his party. I'm glad he loved it. This ten years has gone by so fast.

Melinders said...

That is awesome!! I can't believe how time flies. Happy Birthday Caden!!

Unknown said...

That cake is absolutely AWESOME! What a fun birthday party! Happy birthday, sir Caden!

Camille said...

I can't believe it's been 10 years. I still remember that day when I was at your apartment and saw the baby name book. Mike said you were pregnant and I thought he was joking. It seems like yesterday. I guess we are getting old.

Love the party, those masks are incredible and the cake is perfect!

The Chambers said...

that was fastest ten years I've ever heard of! I can't believe he is ten, he is so handsome. And you my love...I am TOTALLY impressed with what you created! The cake, the swords and helmets, EVERYTHING...you did such a great job! high five. I wish I could have been there. It looks like he had so much fun. I hope I can be half the mother you are when I have kids!love you and miss you TONS!

Denys said...

Did you really make that cake? Wow! The whole idea/them was really cool. Caden is a lucky boy to have you for a Mom. Great job on making the helmets and shields. I think age is relative to how old your kids are, so even though Caden is 10 and Bryce is only 4, and technically I am what, 4 years older than you, you really ARE older than me. hehe

PBM&C said...

Sar-Bear.....that is the awesomest cake that I have ever seen! You did such a great job! And, I can't believe that Caden is TEN either....it makes me do the math and realize how stinkin' old you and I are. No way! Looks like everyone had a blast and I am sure that you are glad that it is over.

Todd, Lara, Aubrey, and Graham said...

That is the most adorable party theme I have ever seen for a little kid! I love the helmets and the cake the best!

Jandi said...

Yeah! You made the cake! It turned out way cute, and you were more brave than me and tried the wings. Were they hard? I like the flame addition as well, that was a very nice touch! It turned out awesome!