Monday, February 23, 2009

A new set of eyes


Caden has begged and begged me to get him contacts. Now, let's be real. He is only 9....nearly 10. But, does that age scream responsibility? Not really. He has broken a pair of glasses every year due to sports, rough housing and just plain teasing everyone. Today, I gave in. I felt like I had explained to him over and over what exactly contacts would entail. Plus, our insurance would not cover both contacts and glasses. He had to make a decision. Contacts it was. There is no going back. He either has to wear the contacts or broken glasses. For now, he LOVES them. I hope it stays that way, 'cause he sure has some beautiful blue eyes!

8 comments:

Ellen Rae said...

Beautiful blue eyed boy! So handsome! I think he is one of the most responsible 9-10 year old I have known. Good Luck Caden! Ilove you.

Denys said...

Oh my gosh! What a little grown-up. I really hope he doesn't drop them and they accidentely get destroyed. Good Luck Caden! He does have beautiful eyes, of course :)

The Chambers said...

I always wanted purple contacts because this girl that went to school with me in the 7th grade had some and i thought purple eyes looked so cool!!! i asked tra' once about it and he pretty much ignored me! ha! but Caden looks good! Beautiful eyes, and I want those freckles! :)

Unknown said...

He does have beautiful eyes! Good luck with that... I know I preferred contacts!

PBM&C said...

I think that he will do just fine....He does have gorgeous eyes and lashes!

Jake said...

Cous-ann,

I was hoping you would catch the social change bit and also the school of rock bit. That was all for you my friend. I miss you here!

Your favorite,
Cous-ann

Melissa P said...

That is amazing. I still don't dare get contacts. I always forget to wear my glasses. Your sons eyes are beautiful(if I can say that about a boy)!

Todd, Lara, Aubrey, and Graham said...

Tell him we think his eyes look gorgeous!